Do you know that there are 1,800 preschools in Singapore?
Or that more than 99% of incoming primary one students aged 6 years attend at least 1 year of pre-school in Singapore?
Selecting a Pre-school
Selecting a pre-school that is a good fit for your child can be exciting as well as overwhelming.
As a parent, you want to be confident that you chose the best fit for your child, but how do you make the best choice?
Here are some specific questions that you should ask:
- What is the teacher student ratio? What is the maximum class size?
- What are the operating hours?
- What is a typical day like?
- What is the fee structure?
- How do you give progress report/updates to parents?
- How frequent are parent teacher meet ups?
- How long has the school been established?
- How long have the class teachers been with the school?
- How are fights amongst kids handled?
- What about illnesses and sickness amongst kids?
- Is it academic structured or play structured?
- What type of enrichment classes are offered?
- Any outdoor activities/excursions? How often?
- What values do you instil in the children?
- How do you discover the special interests and talents of the child?
- What are their meal plans like?
- Is potty training required?
Learn more about the preschool sector in Singapore with the infographic below (courtesy of Skoolopedia).